Six outstanding faculty in the Gies College of Business have been announced as the first class of recipients for the newly established Dean’s Impact Award: Angel Chatterton, Noah Isserman, Robert Metzger, Hayden Noel, Rachel Schwartz, and Martin Widdicks. This new award recognizes individual faculty for their outstanding contributions to the College.
“I am delighted to present these well-deserved recognitions to six of our many outstanding faculty members,” said Jeffrey R. Brown, the Josef and Margot Lakonishok Professor of Business and Dean. “These individuals are passionate about our students and are integral to our College family.”
The Gies College of Business established these awards to recognize faculty who demonstrate exceptional commitment to the college and its students through their service, instruction, research, or other activities. Nominations for the award were submitted by department heads and chairs. “We truly have a wealth of worthy candidates,” said Brown. “We have many faculty who are dedicated to improving the lives of our students and our College.”
- Angel Chatterton, Department of Accountancy, has served as director of the Bachelor/Master in Accountancy program since October 2016. Her leadership in this program has built a deep sense of community, and she provides expert assistance and advising to students. She always keeps students’ education front and center.
- Noah Isserman, Department of Business Administration, was instrumental in creating two campus-wide programs that spur innovation and entrepreneurship He has an incredible ability to engage successful alumni with our emerging student entrepreneurs. He has been a thought leader for envisioning the opportunities created by the Siebel Center for Design, and he regularly appears in the “List of Teachers Ranked as Excellent by Their Students.”
- Robert Metzger, Department of Finance, brings a wealth of talent, passion, and investment banking experience to the classroom. He provides valuable industry expertise to bright and motivated students, including mentoring students in the Investment Banking Academy and in the Business Honors Program. His many connections within the business world enable him to bring in world-class speakers to interact with students.
- Hayden Noel, Department of Business Administration, has served with excellence as the academic director of the full-time MBA program. In addition, he has proven to be one of the College’s top instructors. He was named Executive MBA Professor of the Year in 2016, and “Professor Who Best Serves the MBA Community” for both 2015 and 2016. His passion for ensuring student learning also is evident in his creative use of experiential learning, ongoing course development, and flipped classroom techniques.
- Rachel Schwartz, Department of Accountancy, has been the academic director of the Master of Science in Accountancy program since 2012. In addition to the vital role she plays in that program, she remains the course leader for the Department of Accountancy’s undergraduate core course on institutions and regulation and for the advanced graduate accounting analysis class. She regularly appears on the “List of Teachers Ranked as Excellent by Their Students,” often with outstanding ratings.
- Martin Widdicks, Department of Finance, is the academic director for the Master of Science in Finance program. A truly gifted and dedicated teacher, he received the Excellence in Graduate Teaching Award in 2017. He is also a dedicated researcher, with articles published in prestigious practitioner-oriented finance journals. He also is working to strengthen importance alliances with Chinese educational institutions.
The Dean’s Impact Awards recognize those faculty who go above and beyond. The awards are supported financially by the Shebik Centennial Faculty Fellow Fund in the Gies College of Business.