Cele Otnes, Professor of Business Administration, discusses Apple’s recent decision to drop the price of its iPhone in this edition of the Illini Business Podcast. Otnes touches on a variety of marketing topics, including Apple’s reputation as a “merchant of cool”, customer loyalty, early adopters, and the difficulties associated with entering new markets.
Listen or Download (MP3): Apple’s iPhone Price Drop
Interview Date: September 20, 2007
Length: 16 minutes
- How Apple built its reputation as a marketing innovator.
- Substance and context of Apple’s announcement to drop the price of the iPhone.
- Examination of the negative response by early adopters – those who already bought an iPhone.
- Evaluation of Apple’s response, including its decision to offer a store credit to early adopters.
- What will this episode mean for Apple in the long term?
Produced By: College of Business, Communications Office
Related Information: Cele Otnes, Faculty Profile
RSS Feed: Subscribe to our Illini Business Podcast feed.