Our application for the MSBA Class of 2020 (program start date of August 2019) will open on October 1, 2018. We welcome you to apply if you feel you are a qualified candidate and possess:
- A bachelor’s degree or the equivalent with a ‘B’ or better grade point average (3.0 on 4.0 scale) from an accredited institution in the United States or a recognized institution of higher learning outside the United States.
- A minimum TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 103 iBT, 254 computer-based or IELTS of 7.0 or higher. (Required to be admitted full status, if you are an international applicant. Lower scores may be considered.)
Recent undergraduates as well as experienced individuals are encouraged to apply. The GMAT or GRE is not required, but the scores will be taken into account if applicants wish to submit their scores with their application.
Please read and follow all instructions carefully. The MS in Business Administration Admissions Committee will only consider complete, correctly prepared applications accompanied with the application fee and appropriate documentation. For a PDF version of the application requirements and FAQ, please click here.
2019 Application Deadlines:
|January 31, 2019||Approximately 30 days after all materials are received.*|
|February 28, 2019||Approximately 30 days after all materials are received.*|
|March 31, 2019||Approximately 30 days after all materials are received.*|
*Subject to change due to volume of applications.
Applications are reviewed according to the dates above. Candidates are advised to submit their complete application as soon as possible as admission is competitive. International applicants are urged to submit complete applications to have sufficient time to obtain visas for admittance to the United States.
Admission decisions are made by the admission committee and are based on:
- Previous academic accomplishments
- Demonstrated potential for graduate and professional success
- References and test scores
- Work experience
MS in Business Administration admissions strives for balanced geographic and industry representation in the makeup of each class. Admissions will notify applicants in writing as soon as a decision is made.
Notification of Admission Decision
The application must be complete in order to be submitted and be eligible for review. You will be able to save your application and return to it. A completed application includes the following documents to be entered and/or uploaded into the application:
International applicants also need to include:
Please upload all application materials into the graduate application.
For additional information and/or questions contact:
Gies College of Business, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
3019 Business Instructional Facility, MC-520
515 E Gregory Drive
Champaign, IL 61820 USA