Our application for the MSBA Class of 2019 (program start date of August 2018) will open on October 1, 2017. We welcome you to apply if you feel you are a qualified candidate and possess:
- A bachelor’s degree or the equivalent with a ‘B’ or better grade point average (3.0 on 4.0 scale) from an accredited institution in the United States or a recognized institution of higher learning outside the United States.
- A minimum TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 103 iBT, 254 computer-based or IELTS of 7.0 or higher. (Required to be admitted full status, if you are an international applicant. Lower scores may be considered based on the complete admission application.)
Recent undergraduates or individuals with two years or less of full time work experience are encouraged to apply. The GMAT or GRE is not required, but the scores will be taken into account if applicants wish to submit their scores with their application.
Please read and follow all instructions carefully. The MS in Business Administration Admissions Committee will only consider complete, correctly prepared applications accompanied with the application fee and appropriate documentation. For a PDF version of the application requirements and FAQ, please click here.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and according to the dates below. Candidates are advised to submit their complete application as soon as possible as admission is competitive. International applicants are urged to submit complete applications to have sufficient time to obtain visas for admittance to the United States.
Application Deadlines – Class of 2019
Dec 1 Dec 22
Jan 26 Feb 23
Mar 16 Apr 6
Apr 18 May 2
May 15 May 31
Rolling admissions after May 15, if seats are available. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about applying.
Notification of Admission Decision
The application must be complete in order to be submitted and be eligible for review. You will be able to save your application and return to it. A completed application includes the following documents to be entered and/or uploaded into the application:
International applicants also need to include:
Essay 1: Statement of Purpose
Please describe how your goals are related to the MS in Business Administration program while addressing the questions below. Answer as completely as possible. Please answer as individual questions. This can be completed in 2 pages.
- What do you hope to gain from the program?
- What are your career aspirations upon graduation?
- How do you see your career progressing in the next 2-5 years?
- Describe one of your leadership/managerial accomplishments and why you feel it was successful.
- (For international students seeking employment in the U.S.) The U.S. job market is extremely competitive and challenging. If you are unable to secure employment in the U.S., what are your alternative plan(s)?
Essay 2: Focused Essay
Please upload your 500-word (approximate) essay entitled, “Why is it important to have a deep understanding of International Business?” Answer the question and justify your position. There is no right or wrong answer and the reasoning to your answer will be as important as your answer.
Please upload all application materials into the graduate application.
For additional information and/or questions contact:
College of Business, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
3019 Business Instructional Facility, MC-520
515 E Gregory Drive
Champaign, IL 61820 USA