The Business Minor for Non-Business Majors
Business Minor- Major Impact!
Do you want real-world business principles to work for you? Great, welcome to the Business Minor Program!
The Business Minor will give your career preparations a professional boost. There are a few conditions to earn the Business Minor; read on to get started.
Here are a few important things you must know.
- Become knowledgeable of the minor’s course requirements. You don’t want to get to the end of your senior year and then realize that you didn’t fulfill a course requirement.
- You should be able to enroll into our campus’s Prerequisite courses. You will not be permitted to enroll into the Business Minor’s Core and Elective courses. Only Business Minor students have enrollment access into the Business Minor courses offered in the fall and spring semesters.
- Prospective students may enroll into the Summer Session’s Business Administration (BADM) Business Minor courses.
- Most Business Minor Core and Elective courses are offered as online courses.
- The four Prerequisite courses can be completed off-campus.
- You must complete all of the minor’s Core and Elective courses from the Urbana-Champaign campus. There are no exceptions allowed for Off-Campus transfer and Study Abroad courses to fulfill the course requirements of the Business Minor.
- Credit/No Credit courses cannot fulfill the minor’s Core and Elective Requirements.
- You must be admitted into the Business Minor Program to earn the Business Minor.
- The Business Minor isn’t available to students in the Technology & Management Minor.
- The Business Minor isn’t considered adequate preparation to transfer into the College of Business to earn a baccalaureate business degree.
Of course, if you have questions regarding these conditions, just email firstname.lastname@example.org.
So how do you get started?
- You must submit your Admission Application from January 1st to January 31st. You will be notified of your admission status in mid-February.
- You must earn at least 45 credits/hours and complete the four Prerequisite courses by the end of the fall semester prior to the January Application Period to be eligible for Admission Review.
- Prerequisite courses (or substitutes) must have been completed with a Letter Grade; however, exceptions will be permitted for earned AP, IB, and Advanced Level credits.
- You must earn a Cumulative G.P.A. of 2.50 or higher for the four Prerequisite courses to qualify for Admission Review. You must also be in Academic Good Standing (2.00 or higher Cumulative/Overall G.P.A.).
- All admitted students may enroll into the Summer Sessions’s minor courses and will enroll into the fall semester’s minor courses during the April Registration Period. Newly admitted students are strongly advised to begin the minor’s course requirements with enrollment into the Summer Sessions’s Business Minor courses.
This is the official Business Minor Program’s Admissions Application: Complete Step 1 of the University’s Statement of Intent to Pursue a Campus-Approved Minor form.
Your Admission Application must be submitted to 350 Wohlers Hall. You’ll be notified of your admission status in mid-February. If you’re admitted into the Business Minor Program, you’ll be given enrollment instructions before April. Admission into the program is very competitive. Admission is based solely upon your Prerequisite courses’s G.P.A. and your Cumulative/Overall G.P.A..