The Business Minor for Non-Business Majors
Business Minor: Major Impact!
Do you want real-world business principles to work for you? Great—welcome to Business!
The Business Minor will give your career preparations a professional boost. There are quite a few requirements to earn the Business Minor, so read on to get started.
Here are a few things you must know.
- Become knowledgeable of the minor requirements. You don’t want to get to the end of your senior year and then realize that you didn’t fulfill a requirement.
- You should be able to enroll into the four prerequisite courses, but you’ll experience registration restrictions when attempting to enroll into the required Business Minor Core and Elective courses. Only admitted Business Minor students have enrollment access into the Business Minor courses offered in the fall and spring semesters.
- Nearly all the Business Minor Core and Elective courses are offered as on-line courses.
- Prerequisite courses may be completed off campus.
- You must earn all the minor’s Core and Elective courses from the Urbana-Champaign campus. No exceptions are allowed for Transfer and Study Abroad courses to meet the requirements for the Business Minor.
- Credit/No Credit courses cannot apply to the minor.
- You have to be admitted into the Business Minor Program to earn the Business Minor.
- The Business Minor isn’t available to students in the Technology & Management Minor.
- The Business Minor isn’t considered preparation for transfer into the College of Business.
Of course, if you have questions regarding these requirements, just email firstname.lastname@example.org.
So how do you get started?
- You must submit your Business Minor Application in January. You will be notified of your admission status by mid-February.
- You must complete at least 45 credit hours and all the prerequisite courses by the end of the fall semester to become eligible for admission.
- Prerequisite courses (or substitutes) must have been completed with a Letter Grade; however, exceptions will be permitted for earned AP, IB, and Advanced Level credits.
- You must have a Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher for the four prerequisite courses to qualify for admission into the Business Minor Program. You must be in Academic Good Standing (2.0 or higher Cumulative GPA).
- All admitted students will enroll into the summer sessions and fall semester Business Minor courses during the April Registration Period. Admitted students are strongly advised to begin the minor’s course requirements with enrollment into the summer session Business Minor courses.
Complete step 1 of the University’s Statement of Intent to Pursue a Campus-Approved Minor form. This is the official admissions application.
The College of Business accepts admission applications January 1-31. Your application must be submitted to 350 Wohlers Hall. You’ll be notified of your admission status by mid-February. If you’re officially admitted into the Business Minor, you’ll be given enrollment instructions. Admission is competitive, based upon your GPA for the prerequisite courses as well as your Cumulative Overall GPA.