Bloomberg provides real-time and historical financial news and information on individual equities, stock market indices, fixed income securities, currencies, commodities, and futures for both international and domestic markets.
- 101 - Introduction
- 102 - Equity Analysis
- 103 - Excel API
- 104 - Commodities
- 105 - Fixed Income
- 301 - Options
Capital IQ is a web and Excel-based research platform that combines information on companies, securities, and markets worldwide with tools for fundamental analysis, surveillance, and trend analysis, financial modeling, market analysis, screening, and targeting.
- 101 - Overview
- 202 - M&A Screening
- 301 - Valuation Techniques
Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet application that features calculation, graphing tools, pivot tables, and a macro programming language called Visual Basic for Applications. Excel is used in nearly every company in the world.
- 101 - Formatting and Navigating
- 102 - Formulas and Functions
- 103 - Charting and Graphing
- 104 - Introduction to VBA
- 105 - Data Analysis and Regression
Matlab is a technical computing software that allows you to solve complex mathematical problems, optimize systems with thousands of variables, and plot statistical, probabilistic and regression models. Matlab is used in a wide range of fields including, finance, economics, biology, and communications.
- 101 - Introduction to Matlab
- 201 - Programming
- 202 - Matricies and Statistics Toolbox
- 300 - Financial Toolbox
Morningstar Direct is a web-based research platform with global coverage of performance and holdings analysis of mutual funds, exchange traded funds, hedge funds, money market funds, offshore funds, and stocks.
- 101 - Introduction to Morningstar Direct
- 201 - Asset Allocation
- 202 - Portfolio Attribution
New for Fall 2015
The DecisionTools Suite is an integrated set of programs for risk analysis and decision making under uncertainty that runs in Microsoft Excel. The DecisionTools Suite includes @RISK for Monte Carlo simulation, PrecisionTree for decision trees, and TopRank for “what if” sensitivity analysis.
- 101 - Introduction to Monte Carlo Simulation
- 102 - Portfolio Optimization
Rotman Interactive Trader (RIT) application is an order-driven market simulator (which allows users to transact financial securities with each other on a real-time basis) plus a sequence of RIT cases. Each RIT case focuses on the risks and opportunities associated with particular securities or strategies.
- 101 - Introduction to Rotman
- 102 Capital Markets - Foreign Exchange Trading
- 103 Capital Markets - Tender Offer Trading
- 102 Commodities - Corn Trading
- 103 Commodities - Oil Pipeline Trading