We offer the following certifications:
- Capital IQ 101
- Bloomberg 101
- Crystal Ball 101 or @Risk 101
- Excel 101
- Matlab 101
- Morningstar Direct 101
- Rotman Interactive Trader 101
- Bloomberg 103
- Rotman Interactive Trader 102 Commodities (Required)
- Rotman Interactive Trader 103 Commodities (Required)
- Rotman Interactive Trader 102 Capital Markets (Required)
- Rotman Interactive Trader 103 Capital Markets (Required)
Risk Analytics Track
- Matlab 201 or Excel 104 (1 of 2 Required)
- Matlab 202 or Excel 105 (1 of 2 Required)
- @Risk 102 (Required)
- @Risk 104 (Required)
Investment Banking Track
- Capital IQ 202 (Required Quiz)
- Capital IQ 301 (Required Quiz)
- Bloomberg 102 or Crystal Ball 103 (1 of 2 Required)
- Excel 102 or Excel 103 (1 of 2 Required)
Wealth Management Track
- Matlab 200 (Required)
- Morningstar Direct 201 (Required)
- Morningstar Direct 202 (Required)
- @Risk 102 (Required)
To be eligible to select a track and sit for the practicum exam for a track you are required to (a) hold the basic level certification, and (b) attend ALL of the courses in a track curriculum. However, you only need to to take the REQUIRED non-practicum quizzes (see each track above). For example, to complete the Investment Banking track you are required to take all 6 classes but by passing 4 required quizzes you are eligible to sit for the Investment Banking practicum exam.
- Program Enrollment
- To enroll in the certification program click here. Only register here if you have NEVER registered for the MIL Certification program in the past. You only need to register once to be eligible to participate in all certification levels (basic and tracks).
- Basic Certification
- To complete the basic certification you must take all 8 classes (i.e. you must attend they physical session) and pass all 8 quizzes.
- Practicum Certification
- To be eligible to select a track and sit for the practicum exam, you must hold the basic-level certification and attend all of the courses in the track. You only need to take the REQUIRED non-practicum quizzes.
- Certification Quizzes
- Starting January 31, 2016, you can take certification quizzes on any Sunday between 12:30 PM and 7:00 PM and on select Fridays (look for the 'MIL Certification Test' event on the MIL Calendar page) between 1:00 and 3:00 PM. The last time to start a quiz is 6:00 PM on Sundays and 2:00 PM on Fridays. You are only eligible to take a quiz after sitting and receiving credit for the class. If you fail a quiz, you must take the class again! You can take as many quizzes in one day as you are eligible for. However, you must pass any prerequisites before taking a secondary quiz (i.e. BB101 before BB102).
- Passing Scores
- You must obtain a 70% on each certification exam to pass. It can take up to two weeks to have a quiz graded and uploaded.
- Viewing Scores
- Provided you are registered for the program, you will be added to the MIL Compass page after your first exam is graded.
- Online Quizzes
- We currently offer Matlab 101, @Risk 101, CapIQ 101, Direct 101, Bloomberg 101/102/103, and RIT 101 online. However, you must be in the lab to take the quiz.
- Practicum Capstone Exams
- On select Fridays in 1029C, you can sit for the capstone test. Click here to register.
- Investment Banking: Friday, December 4, 1:30 - 4:30 PM
- Risk Analytics: Friday, December 4, 1:30 - 4:30 PM
- Wealth Management: Wednesday, December 2, 6:00 - 9:00 PM
- Trading: Wednesday, December 2, 6:00 - 9:00 PM