When you join the MAS program at Gies Business, you make a financial commitment to your future. Our commitment, in return, is to provide the resources for financial assistance opportunities.
Scholarship Application Information
- Graduate Accountancy majors who will begin the MAS program in the fall should apply the preceding spring semester.
- Applications for scholarships are due Feb. 1.
- The scholarship application is now a part of your Graduate College application.
- For any questions, please call the PwC Accountancy Student Center at 217-333-5030.
Accountancy’s scholarship program falls into one of three categories, all of which provide funding to graduates:
- Academic merit.
- Combination of academic merit and financial need.
- Achievement of student body diversity objectives.
Additional funding opportunities
In exchange for 10-13 hours of work per week, assistantships provide a stipend and partial tuition waiver to students.
Good to know:
- Decisions are based on academic performance in Accountancy and in other university courses, as well as an evaluation of leadership qualities.
- Initial appointments are for the fall semester only, and a fall semester appointment doesn’t guarantee a spring appointment.
- TOEFL score is required for all non-native English speakers who apply for an assistantship.
The Department of Accountancy seeks a mix of students with varying backgrounds and experiences. To that end, the department provides financial support, in the form of fellowships, to students who will further our diversity objectives.
Good to know:
- This award consists of a full tuition waiver, plus a $10,000 stipend.
- Diversity factors considered include ethnicity, cultural heritage, recent immigration and citizenship, educational attainment of parents and grandparents, significant life experiences and challenges, special talents, and community service.
- Undergraduate grade point average.
- A personal statement tying your talents and experiences to the Gies Business experience in Accounting.
- At least two letters of recommendation.
- Financial need statement.