Business Research Laboratory (BRL)
Business Information Technology Services is pleased to offer and support the Business Research Laboratory (BRL). The Business Research Laboratory can be used for classroom instruction and research purposes by faculty and researches that are members the College of Business at the University of Illinois.
- BRL is located in rooms 24 and 36 of Wohlers Hall. Room 24 has 31 client PCs and room 36 has 52 client PCs. Both rooms have 24″ LCD monitors. Monitors in room 24 are separated by dividers covering the back and sides of the tables
- Room 36 has a projector and teaching podium with a resident computer
- The computers can be customized as needed for research, teaching or exams. The standard configuration uses Microsoft Windows 10. The most frequently used software includes Chrome, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office, z-Tree, MediaLab, and DirectRT, but other software can be used subject to licensing
- If you would like to use any technology not currently in the lab environment you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If new software is needed, please allow time to order the licenses, and 48 hours after licenses have been received to install and setup the software
- If you need assistance with programming or data options, please contact email@example.com to discuss
- Headphones are available in room 30 for experiments. Researchers are responsible for returning them to room 30 after they finish using them. Room 30 is staffed Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm (excluding University holidays).
- Loaner laptops are available in room 30 for check-out to support a research projects needs. Room 30 is staffed Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm (excluding University holidays).
Classes or Recurring Research
- To reserve the lab for classes, recurring research, or non-research purposes, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Requests will be processed in the order they are received, and you will receive an email confirmation when your reservation has been added to the calendar. If your request conflicts with another previous reservation or request, you will be asked to select from other available times
- Returning faculty and researchers can click on this link to add and edit their own research appointments
Access to BRL
- The doors to 24 and 36 Wohlers Hall are always locked. Users who have access will be able open the lab using a proximity i-card