Tools For Your Search
BCS provides you with an array of resources to support you in your job search. Your advisor can help you maximize your usage of these valuable resources.
Individual Advising. Advisors can help you make good career decisions that match your values, interests and skills. They can also offer advice on resumes, cover letters, networking, interviews, and assessing job offers.
On-Campus Recruiting. Every year, thousands of interviews take place on campus. To participate in on-campus recruiting, stay on top of Handshake.
Career Fairs. Business Career Fairs are held each semester and host over 100 different companies.
Information Sessions. Company information sessions provide a good opportunity to explore and network with company representatives.
Career Development Workshops. These workshops address special topics on career planning including resume preparation, interviewing, and employment search techniques.
Mock Interview Programs. Practice your interview skills and build self-confidence by participating in a mock interview with BCS staff and/or with employers.
Employer Forum Series. Explore different career paths by meeting alumni from various industries in a series of panel discussions.
Freshman/Sophomore Job Shadow Program. (Freshmen and Sophomores only) Take a look at a company or industry by ‘shadowing’ professionals through a normal day on the job.
Salary Info and Statistics. Salary information is available that will help you evaluate and negotiate your offer.
Company and Industry Information
- WetFeet is another career information site that contains job search articles and employer profiles and reviews.
- One Source offers profiles, news, analysis, and financials for over 17 million companies and has excellent search functionality.
- LexisNexis Academic provides access to billions of searchable documents and records from news and business sources. This site delivers company/industry news, financial data, analyst reports, and information on small companies. It also has an extensive company profile and directory database.
- Mergent is a searchable company database that pools financial data, annual reports, and industry news. Mergent has a large number of international companies and also gives you the ability to create reports in PDF, Word, or Excel formats.
- First Research specializes in industry overviews, news, and analysis.
- IBISWorld is a database of industry market research reports.
- Career Outlook is published by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and features projections of occupations, industries, the labor force, and the overall economy.
- National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Salary Calculator provides salary analysis based on data and trends from partner schools. NACE also publishes a variety of salary resources.
- Glassdoor.com allows you to search for salaries by job title, company, and location. All data is employee-reported and also includes company reviews.
- Salary.com offers a Salary Wizard that draws from a database of employer-reported salaries.
Below is a partial list of popular job boards and engines on the web. You can view a more extensive list here.
- Indeed.com – global search engine and job board
- Simplyhired.com – global search engine and job board; integrates with LinkedIn to identify potential contacts
- AccountantJobs.com – accounting
- eFinancialCareers.com – finance
- MarketingHire.com – marketing
- Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals – supply chain
- JustTechJobs.com – information systems/information technology
- USA Jobs – federal government jobs
- GuideStar – non-profit
- MyVisaJobs.com – for international students seeking jobs in the US
- Going Global – job postings and employment outlooks for every major country in the world and state in the US; accessible through a direct link on your Handshake home page
- StreetID – A career matchmaking and networking site for finance careers. Students can create an account for free, fill out a profile, and be entered into a global database searched by financial services firms in the U.S., Europe, and Asia.
- JOBipedia – Job search advice direct from recruiters and hiring managers.
- National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Job Choices Magazine – insightful articles on common job search issues
- Social Jobs Partnership – a collaboration between NACE, Facebook, the U.S. Department of Labor, DirectEmployers Association, and the National Association of State Workforce Agencies to leverage social networks to facilitate employment
- MastersinAccounting.info – Top Ranked Online Master’s in Accounting list designed to help those interested in online master’s in accounting programs research schools by ranking programs based on benchmarks of academic quality, student success, and affordability. The ranking includes detailed information on schools’ admissions statistics, tuition comparisons, and school acceptance rates, as well as profiles of available programs.