The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Illinois) tradition of excellence in graduate accountancy education began with the awarding of the department’s first master’s degree in 1922 and its first Ph.D. in 1939. One of the largest suppliers of leaders of the accountancy profession, Illinois boasts more partners in the Big-Four CPA firms and more CFOs in Fortune 500 corporations than any other academic institution.
There are nine more compelling reasons why Illinois and the MSA program should be your top choice:
- Graduate accounting programs consistently ranked at the very top in the United States – Public Accounting Report (#2) and Accounting Degree Review (#2) have rated Illinois’ graduate accounting programs among the best in the United States (ranking in parentheses).
- Accounting faculty ranked at the very top based on research contributions – BYU’s Accounting Faculty Research Rankings and UT Dallas Top Business Schools based on Research Contributions Rankings have both rated Illinois’ accounting faculty #1.
- Average CPA exam pass rates that exceed national averages – with the support of an on-line CPA exam preparation course combined with dedicated faculty accessibility, our students have experienced a consistent track record of exceptional CPA exam performance.
- A program that balances high academic excellence with a keen focus on improving an individual’s personal brand – our mission and motto emphasizes a balanced approach to skill development which our students may choose to pursue by actively engaging in a multi-faceted personal enrichment experience. We strive to help our students become a more “complete” accounting professional.
- A program that offers tremendous value for the price – as compared to other highly ranked master accounting programs, not only are our tuition costs more reasonable, but we also offer an enrichment experience that significantly enhances the value proposition you receive from your education.
- A rich and robust diverse university student population – According to Fortune magazine, Illinois is one of the most popular destinations for international students, ranking #2 overall and the highest ranked public university. This benefits all students by providing a variety of well-established university-wide communities and international support services to help our students acclimate while providing exceptional opportunities to develop the skills that are highly sought after by recruiters in today’s global business world – i.e. the ability to work productively with a diverse team, exercise cultural dexterity and the ability to possess and leverage a global mindset.
- Outstanding services support from a highly reputable Business Career Services office – our Business Career Services office was recently ranked by a BusinessWeek student survey as the #1 career services office in the US. They are very active in providing outstanding recruiting and job search preparation services throughout the year, whether a student is pursuing employment opportunities in the U.S. or abroad.
- Outstanding domestic student job placement – our job placement results for domestic students is at the highest levels. This is the direct result of the recognized value that our program delivers: academic excellence, a balanced approach to skill development, and outstanding recruiting and job placement services.
- Access to our state-of-the-art facilities – the Business Instructional Facility (BIF) and the Margolis Information Lab (MIL) are two examples. The BIF earned the world’s highest honor for sustainable, environmentally friendly construction and design. The MIL is equipped with state-of-the-art electronic sources of financial and business data and software products used globally by industry firms.