1055 Business Instructional Facility
515 East Gregory Drive
Champaign, IL 61820
Phone: (217) 333-2740
Admissions: (217) 244-3890
Fax: (217) 244-9992
Withdrawing from the University
Withdrawal BEFORE the Semester Begins (Cancel Registration)
Students may cancel their registration (withdrawal) before the end of the business day before the first day of instruction and be relieved of all tuition and fee charges for that semester. Students may cancel their registration in one of the following ways:
- Online by using UI-Integrate Self-Service, no later than the business day before the first day of instruction of the term you wish to cancel. Go to the UI-Integrate Self-Service, log-on to the registration module and select add/drop classes. Select to "web-drop" the registered classes and click on submit. When you attempt to drop your last class, the system will prompt you to use the electronic notification of intent to cancel your registration. This electronic notification is time stamped, and must be submitted no later than the business day before the first day of instruction to be eligible for cancellation. Please visit the Office of Admissions and Records at http://www.registrar.illinois.edu/ for additional information or contact them at 217-333-0302.
- By submitting a request for cancellation of registration to the Office of Admissions and Records. The request must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. on the business day before the first day of instruction of the term you wish to cancel. Requests by mail should be addressed to the Office of Admissions and Records, 901 West Illinois Street, Urbana, IL 61801.
- In person at the Records Service Center, 901 West Illinois Street, by 5:00 p.m. on the business day before the first day of instruction of the term you wish to cancel.
If you cancel your registration and do not plan to return for a future term, you must also cancel any future courses for which you have registered.
Withdrawal AFTER the Semester Begins
Students who wish to withdraw from the University beginning with the first day of class must follow established withdrawal procedures by officially withdrawing from the University; regardless of the number of courses for which the student is registered. Students may not cancel their registration via the web using UI-Integrate Self-Service but must complete a Withdrawal from the University form. Students who wish to withdraw on or after the first day of class should obtain this form from the College of Business Office of Undergraduate Affairs. The form requires the student to obtain signatures from several campus offices and then submit the form to the Office of Admissions and Records.
- A student who leaves the university without completing the withdrawal process will receive a grade of "F" for each course a student remains registered.
- Refunds for tuition and fees are provided on a pro-rata basis depending on the date of the withdrawal. Special refund policies apply to those who withdraw to enter either active duty in the armed forces or other approved national defense service. Check with the Office of Admissions and Records regarding the refund schedule.
- More information and the applicable refund deadlines is available from the Office of Admissions and Records http://www.registrar.illinois.edu/ 217-333-0302.