1055 Business Instructional Facility
515 East Gregory Drive
Champaign, IL 61820
Phone: (217) 333-2740
Admissions: (217) 244-3890
Fax: (217) 244-9992
Step Seven—General Education Courses
- Must be completed before graduation.
- Recommended to begin first semester of freshman year.
- Courses must be selected from the official campus approved General Education course list http://courses.uiuc.edu/cis/index.html
- Six to Eight courses required depending on scheduling choices you make.
- Courses can be “double-counted,” meaning that one course can be used to fulfill one or more general education requirements if it is on the approved list for each area. For instance, one course might be on the Literature and the Arts list as well as the Western Cultural Studies list, and may also be a 200-300 level course.
- Can be completed with AP credit or proficiency credit. Proficiency exams are offered at the beginning of each semester. Contact the specific department for more information.