1055 Business Instructional Facility
515 East Gregory Drive
Champaign, IL 61820
Phone: (217) 333-2740
Admissions: (217) 244-3890
Fax: (217) 244-9992
- Mailed to your diploma address about two months following the official graduation date.
- All students need to update their diploma address in UI Integrate prior to graduation.
- Off-campus students: notify the Office of Admissions and Records, 901 W. Illinois Street of any address updates.
The ceremonies held by the college and university are to celebrate the achievements of the candidates for graduation. It is possible to participate in these ceremonies if you are within thirteen hours of completing the degree.
Once a year (May) the University holds a commencement ceremony to celebrate and recognize the accomplishments of students who have completed their degree in the past August and January as well as the candidates for May degrees.
- Hosted by the President and Chancellor of the University.
- Held in the Assembly Hall.
- Features a nationally and/or internationally known speaker.
- Requires tickets.
- Students will not be recognized individually only by college.
- Information will be available on the University website in mid-February.
The College of Business holds one convocation ceremony each year in May. The ceremony recognizes all students who have completed their requirements the previous August, December, or January and the current May candidates.
- Hosted by the Dean of the College of Business.
- Each student who attends is individually recognized. Each name is called as the student walks across the stage to receive a diploma cover from the Dean.
- One featured speaker is a member of the graduating class, chosen by competition.
- No tickets are required.
- All eligible participants and their parents receive an invitation and convocation information one month prior to the ceremony.
- The ceremony is held in the Assembly Hall.
Participants must wear cap and gown for all ceremonies. These are rented online from Herff-Jones. Fitting times will be scheduled in April for the May ceremonies.