1055 Business Instructional Facility
515 East Gregory Drive
Champaign, IL 61820
Phone: (217) 333-2740
Admissions: (217) 244-3890
Fax: (217) 244-9992
Dual Degree Requirements for College of Business Students
Students may pursue a dual degree with a combination of the Business majors.
- Accountancy/Business Administration-major
- Finance/Business Administration-major
In order to receive a dual degree in the College of Business you must meet the following requirements:
- At least 30 additional hours of University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign credit (minimum of 154 hours for two College of Business Bachelor’s degrees).
- Last 30 hours must be University of Illinois credit.
- Must be completed within the allowable 9-semester limit on enrollment.
- Degrees must be awarded simultaneously.
Please note: Students may declare only one unique major. Priority will be given in the major that is declared—courses in the second area of study can and will be difficult to enroll in.
Completion of the required 154 hours will require summer coursework and possibly a 9th semester.
Advantages of the Bachelor/Master in Accountancy Program
- Considered by employers as the “gold standard” for accountancy education—facilitates job offers for accountancy positions and advancement once employed;
- Standalone BS in Accountancy only appropriate for students pursuing a non-accountancy career in business—it does not adequately prepare the student for a career in accountancy (public or private);
- Bachelor/Master program provides:
- Continuation and completion of the world-renown Project Discovery accountancy curriculum;
- Access to courses such as ACCY 510 (coverage of financial reporting standards for more complex business contracts) and ACCY 515 (coverage of audit standards and practice);
- Access to the ACCY 511/512 sequence, which is a unique study of business risk (both financial and operational) and the role of accounting in measuring and managing business risk,
- Graduate (contrasted with undergraduate) study in an accounting-related minor such as Finance, IT, and international business & corporate governance or a concentration in taxation.