1055 Business Instructional Facility
515 East Gregory Drive
Champaign, IL 61820
Phone: (217) 333-2740
Admissions: (217) 244-3890
Fax: (217) 244-9992
University Requirements / General Education
Composition I (4 Hours)
Met in one of the following ways: 1) Rhet 100, 101 and 102; 2) Rhet 103 and 104; 3) Rhet 105
ACT English score will determine which sequence you will take. Communication 111 & 112 may be substituted for Rhet 105 & CMN 101; ESL 114 and 115 (Some international students may be required to take this sequence based upon TOEFL score or placement exam.)
Advanced Composition (3 Hours)
Must be taken on this campus; cannot be transferred from another school. Choose one course from the campus approved list. Visit the following site for a complete list: http://courses.illinois.edu/cis/gened/
Quantitative Reasoning Requirement
This requirement is met by the College of Business math requirement.
Foreign Language (0-20 Hours)
You must have proficiency at the Fourth Semester Level. May be satisfied by completion of: Four years of one foreign language in high school, or the fourth level of a single foreign language on campus, or any combination of 3 semesters/3 years high school of two languages.
General Education Requirements (18-25 Hours)
Courses can be found at http://courses.illinois.edu/cis/gened/.
Humanities and the Arts (3 courses)
- At least one of the courses in the Humanities and the Arts area must be a 200- or 300-level course.
- Literature and the Arts (1-2 courses)
- Historical and Philosophical Perspectives (1-2 courses)
Cultural Studies (2 courses)
- Courses can be selected from this area that will also fulfill the Humanities and the Arts Area.
- Non-Western/Domestic Minorities Cultures (1 course)
- Western Cultures (1 course)
Natural Sciences and Technology (2 courses)
- Select from Physical and/or Biological
- Physical Science (0-2 courses)
- Biological Science (0-2 courses)
Behavioral Sciences (1 course)
Social Sciences: This requirement is met by Econ 102 and Econ 103.