Better Because of Illinois
- 90% of students who begin in the College of Business will graduate from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (highest on-campus)
- The ILLINOIS College of Business student teams won the 2006, 2010 and 2011 Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) National Business Case Competitions.
- PwC xACT National Case Competition Champions: 2008, 2009, 2010
Freshman Year (1st Year)
Students invited to enter the College of Business as James Scholars must meet the following requirements to continue as a James Scholar in the sophomore (2nd) year:
- Earn an "A" or "B" grade in the honors section of Business 101 and successfully complete the assigned honors project.
- Successfully participate in the James Scholar Dean's Honors Seminar, a spring semester course which meets weekly with the assistant dean for advising and registration. The Dean's Honors Seminar will introduce James Scholars with resources that they may select to build skills in areas such as leadership, teamwork, consulting, technology, community service, entrepreneurship, etc.
- Participate in the winter break Job Shadow program administered by the Office of Business Career Services. Ms. Amy Fruehling, Business Career Services, Senior Associate Director Corporate Engagement, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participate in the Sleeman Leadership Program for James Scholars.The Sleeman Leadership Program, funded by a gift to the College of Business from Tom and Nancy Sleeman, is offered by the College of Business Office of Undergraduate Affairs and sponsored by PricewaterhouseCoopers. The 2011 Sleeman Leadership Institute is scheduled for March 2 and 3, 2012. Mr. Ben Chandler, Assistant Director of Undergraduate Affairs, email@example.com
- Earn at least a 3.5 GPA in 14 graded ILLINOIS hours in the fall semester, and at least a 3.5 GPA in 14 graded ILLINOIS hours in the spring semester, with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 for the freshman year.
- Sign the College of Business James Scholar Program Code of Conduct.
To propose a new option for an activity requirement to fulfill the James Scholar requirement, please use the form provided here. If you have any questions, please contact the James Scholar Executive Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org.