Better Because of Illinois
- #3 preferred institution for recruiters Wall Street Journal
- #6 highest income potential from a Midwestern institution; the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign was the only public school on the list Payscale.com
- 2006, 2010 and 2011 Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) National Business Case Competition Champions
Step Six—Foreign Language
All students must achieve proficiency at the fourth semester level of one foreign language (or the third semester level in two languages). This requirement may be completed in a number of ways:
- Satisfactory completion of four years of the same foreign language in high school.
- Satisfactory completion of the fourth-semester level of a language college. This his may take only one semester or as many as four semesters of that language depending on the student's current comprehension level and foreign language placement score.
- Satisfactory completion of the of the third-semester level in each of two languages by any combination of high school and college work.
- Satisfactory completion of the Proficiency Exam offer by the language department. Generally, proficiency exams are offered only once per semester at the beginning of the semester. Check with the department office for more information regarding when and where the proficiency exam is offered for your language.