Better Because of Illinois
- Undergraduate Business program ranked #16 in the nation US News & World Report
- #3 preferred institution for recruiters Wall Street Journal
- Students who study abroad through the College of Business typically pay about $1,800 in tuition during their semester abroad
Step Six—Language other than English
All students must achieve proficiency at the fourth semester level of one language other than English (or the third semester level in two languages). This requirement may be completed in a number of ways:
- Satisfactory completion of four years of the same language other than English in high school.
- Satisfactory completion of the fourth-semester level of a language college. This his may take only one semester or as many as four semesters of that language depending on the student's current comprehension level and language other than English placement score.
- Satisfactory completion of the of the third-semester level in each of two languages by any combination of high school and college work.
- Satisfactory completion of the Proficiency Exam offer by the language department. Generally, proficiency exams are offered only once per semester at the beginning of the semester. Check with the department office for more information regarding when and where the proficiency exam is offered for your language.