Better Because of Illinois
- 83% of students who start in the College of Business will graduate from the College of Business (highest on-campus)
- Students who study abroad through the College of Business typically pay about $1,800 in tuition during their semester abroad
- #3 preferred institution for recruiters Wall Street Journal
“From the moment I came to visit the University of Illinois College of Business, I knew that there was no other school like it. The accommodating faculty, the small school feel with a big school atmosphere, and top notch programs made it an easy decision.”
BS Marketing 2012
We don't ask what you want to be when you grow up.
We ask who.
You thrive on competition.
You love working in teams.
You're a risk taker.
You analyze every little thing.
You want to have a positive influence in people's lives.
The College of Business degree encourages all of these characteristics.
Maybe you're all of these things, maybe you're just a few. That's the awesome thing about a degree from the College of Business. You can craft your own experience—and your own values—to craft your future as a professional.
Here's what you learn.
- General, core business knowledge
- Specialized business knowledge through our three departments
- Strong education of non-business topics throughout the university
- Improved sense of professional responsibility
- Confidence and social dexterity in professional situations
- Extensive experience with team-based work
- Enhanced ability to think critically, analytically, and strategically
Here's what it takes.
- A strong academic record
- Competitive ACT/SAT scores
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- A variety of interests
- An eagerness to participate
Be our shadow.
Want to see if business is the right degree for you? Sit in on some classes, follow us around. Go to business.illinois.edu/council/shadows for more info.
Come see what ILLINOIS is all about. Arrange your visit at U of I Admissions – Visit Illinois