- » Executive Director
- » Professional Responsibility/Business 101
- » Center Brochure
- » 2012 Center Overview
- » Center Announcement
- » Support the Center
- » National Center for Professional & Research Ethics
- » Ethics CORE
- » Professional Responsibility Strategy Competition
Illini Center, Fourth Floor
200 South Wacker Drive
Chicago, Illinois 60606
Provided below is a list of upcoming events focused on the issues surrounding professional responsibility. Many of the events are free and open to the public, while others require registration. Please follow the links for additional information.
Ethics & Shareholder Value Summitt | June 13-14, 2013 | New York, NY
The Conference Board has retooled the previous Business Ethics & Compliance Conference to the Ethics & Shareholder Value Summit to address the role of the ethics and compliance officer which is reshaping as companies integrate risk, governance and sustainability in their discussions with shareholders. As public companies actively manage reputation-related practices, more emphasis is placed on shareholder value and linking ethics and compliance with Wall Street analysts, investment managers, and institutional investors. This conference addresses how ethics fits into the bigger picture of corporate performance and places a new set of expectations onto the role of ethics as a factor in creating long term shareholder value.
Movie Night at the Quad | September 15, 2013 | 8-10 pm | University of Illinois
12th Annual Compliance & Ethics Institute | October 6-9, 2013 | Washington, DC
SCCE's Annual Compliance & Ethics Institute is the primary education and networking event for professionals working in compliance and ethics around the world. At this meeting, learn the latest methods and strategies for developing and improving your compliance program in this rapidly growing and evolving profession.
Gretchen A. Winter, JD, Executive Director, Center for Professional Responsibility in Business and Society at the University Illinois College of Business, will be presenting on Tuesday, October 8 at 11:00 a.m. Details on her session, Ten Solid Ways to Prevent Retaliation:
- This interactive workshop will discuss ten practical steps to prevent retaliation and minimize risk with a robust incident management program.
- Many employers now talk about having a “speak up” culture and we will bring it to life with real and practical methods to teach managers how to recognize retaliatory behavior.
- We will work with an illustration that captures the right way to set up internal systems that encourage a “speak up” culture.
2013 Ethics Awareness Week--October 14-18, 2013
A full week of events held on the Illinois campus the week of October 14. View the flyer to see the full schedule »
2014 Professional Responsibility Strategy Competition
Applications due Friday December 20, 2013; events held in January and February 2014.