Welcome New Users
Welcome to the College of Business at the University of Illinois. This is a basic introduction to the college's computer and network infrastructure and how it can be of service to you.
Each individual at the University of Illinois is given a network ID, also referred to as your netID, when they arrive here. This network ID is used as a global key to access University resources and to verify user rights. This username is also used to access email, printers, web services, databases, file storage, classroom technology and other resources that are offered.
Getting Started Guides
A few how-to guides to help you get setup with the technology in the College.
- How do I install Microsoft Lync (campus' unified communications software)?
- How do I manage my passwords?
- How do I get setup on the wireless network?
- How do I access webmail?
- How do I setup the VPN client?
- What storage options do I have? How do I access my storage space?
- How do I set up my U of I Box account?
- How do I connect to network shares from my Mac?
- What are the College's technology policies?
- Where can I purchase software?
- What should I know before buying a Mac?
- How do I submit a service request?
Getting technical help
OIM provides technical assistance to College of Business faculty and staff. To obtain support on any technology related issue, you can contact OIM:
- By phone: 217-244-0812
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By submitting a service request online: https://sharepoint.business.illinois.edu/helpdesk [login required]
Other Important Links
- Email overview: http://www.cites.illinois.edu/exchange/
- Webmail login: https://webmail.illinois.edu
- VPN Access: http://www.cites.illinois.edu/vpn
- Purchasing Software: http://webstore.illinois.edu
- CITES (Campus Information Technologies and Educational Services): http://www.cites.illinois.edu/services_and_info
- College of Business eLearning resources: http://business.illinois.edu/elearning/