We strongly recommend that candidates work with a program
director throughout the application process; they provide
guidance and help to ensure that the process runs smoothly
for the candidate and his/her employer.
Application Checklist: There are two stages to the application process. The first is to apply to the program directly through the steps listed below. After being admitted to the program, you must apply separately to the Graduate College* (click here to go to that site).
*An application processing fee of $50 US (or $60 for international
students) will be required by the Graduate College. You will
need to make check payable to the University of Illinois.
- Contact a program director at 312-575-0909 or 312-575-7903 to discuss
- Submit completed MS Tax Application Form and do the following:
- Request official transcripts for each university and college
attended in sealed envelopes with the university seal be
sent to our office address. (Unofficial copies may be accepted for initial admission decision. A final decision will be made after official transcripts have been processed.)
- Submit a current resume.
- Submit Sponsorship Letter from employer indicating the employer's commitment to release the student for class sessions scheduled during work hours.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from professional
references (in addition to Sponsorship Letter).
- If required, have GMAT score forwarded by Educational Testing
Service to the University of Illinois (School Code 1836)
- Complete personal interview with program director. Schedule at