- State Funds are primarily recurring funds
allocated to the college through the campus. Tuition
and fees, summer session, and some Research Board
funds are included. Unspent state funds lapse at the end
of each fiscal year.
- Indirect Cost Recovery Funds
by overhead rate assessments against sponsored
programs. Unspent funds carry forward from one fiscal
year into the next. Some Research Board funds are included.
- Self-Supporting Funds are monies generated by
and expended in direct support of special programs.
- Grants and Contracts Funds are revenues from sponsored programs.
Funding and expenditures are controlled by annual
budgets that are contained in the original agreement.
- Gift Funds are contributions made by donors
primarily through the Foundation to university accounts.
Many of these funds are restricted by legal agreements
between the university and donor(s) in terms of the types of
expenditures that may be incurred.
The fiscal year runs from July 1 through June 30.
Differential between sources and uses reflects restricted-use funds.