(click on each to play in a new window)
Online Education in Business
Encourage your students to subscribe and be informed through these FREE resources:
TOOLS & APPLICATIONSS
- Adobe Connect
- Audio Capture / Podcasting
- Screen/Motion Capture
- KompoZer (Easy web page creator)
Web 2.0 REPOSITORY
College » eLearning
How to preserve your copyright in course materials? (12/10/2010)This information session presented faculty with options on how to preserve their copyright in course materials that they have specially developed for their teaching, and how to make sure that they are not violating intellectual property rights when they present other authors' works in their courses.
Prof. Pilch, appointed as Visiting Program Officer on International Copyright, Association of Research Libraries, 2009-2010, presented specific issues about online distribution of other authors' materials, including text, videos, and others via IL Compass or webpages. Dr. Scagnoli, from our eLearning office, introduced options on how to display copyright notice on digital work, and how to protect and avoid easy download of your course materials.
The following common FAQs were addressed in the session and discussed with the participants:
1. Do I need to ask permission to put other authors' papers in compass?
2. Can I upload a video from a DVD to the server to have my students watch it from home instead of showing it in class?
3. What are the risks of using Youtube videos in IL Compass for my class?
- Open the presentation: Coypright & Intellectual Property
- Open the presentation: How to preserve your copyright in course materials
Other sources of information:
- Campus Guide to Copyright Compliance
- Fair use checklist from Columcia University Libraries
- Norma's growning list of links to resources about information sites on Copyright and Intellectual Property
Click on the image to play the presentation. It will open in a new window in your browser
Subscribe to Weekly Comments
Receive regular email updates
- Norma Scagnoli - Director of eLearning
- Jill Moore-Reynen - eLearning Specialist
- Tony Hursh - eLearning Specialist