Better Because of Illinois
- Brigadier General Wilma Vaught was the first female, US General, and graduated from the College of Business at Illinois.
- 2006, 2010 and 2011 Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) National Business Case Competition Champions
- #5 university for helping graduates getting top salaries; ahead of all Ivy League, private, and other Big Ten universities Smartmoney.com
About the Program
The College of Business offers you the opportunity to experience a day in the life of an Illinois Business student by participating in the Student Ambassador Program. This program allows you to attend class with one of our student ambassadors as well as a one-on-one meal.
Student arrives on campus and meets with a College of Business Student Ambassador. The ambassador takes the student to one of their classes followed by lunch. The entire shadow experience takes approximately three hours.
Click Here to download a brochure about shadow program.
9:45 Arrive at the College of Business and meet with the Student Ambassador
10:00-11:20 Attend class with your Student Ambassador
11:30-12:30 Enjoy a one-on-one lunch with the opportunity to ask questions in a more relaxed setting
Shadows are scheduled in three-hour increments. Please arrive ten to fifteen minutes before your scheduled shadow time. Please keep in mind that shadows may last a little longer/shorter than the allotted three hours dependent upon the Ambassador's class schedule for that day.
- Great opportunity to ask questions about being a student at the University of Illinois in an informal, peer-to-peer environment
- Ease your apprehensions about what a college classroom setting is like
- Exposure to some of the most widely renowned faculty in the nation
For Current Sudents
Interested in becoming a student ambassador? Click here to download an application.
Signups are now open for the Fall 2013 semester. Please follow the link to our registration website to sign-up for your visit. Thank you for your interest in the College of Business Shadow Program!
Still have further questions about the shadow program? Feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org You may also contact the Office of Undergraduate Affairs at 217-244-3890.