- » May 11, 2013
College » Convocation
College of Business Convocation
The College of Business conducts one convocation ceremony during the academic year in May.
The convocation ceremony is separate from the campuswide Commencement ceremony. Graduates are welcome to participate in both events. Graduates will be presented with a diploma cover and walk the stage at the Business convocation. No tickets are required for the Business ceremony. At the campuswide Commencement ceremony, which is also held in May, College of Business bachelor's and master's graduates will be recognized as a group by standing at their seats. Doctoral candidates walk the stage and are hooded.
Regalia must be worn to both College of Business Convocation and campus-wide Commencement. Student regalia can be ordered online (www.herffjones.com/illinois) through April 11th.
Photos of the ceremony will be taken by Memory Lane Photography.
2013 Business Convocation:
May 11, 2013, 12:30 pm, Assembly Hall, 1800 S. First Street, Champaign
December 2012 graduates add your name to the degree list before Thanksgiving.
- University of Illinois Commencement
- Campuswide ceremony: Sunday, May 12, 2013
- Reserve hotel rooms now, they will fill up quickly
Things to know:
- Students should arrive at the Assembly Hall tunnel to check in. Watch for upcoming e-mails with specific instructions.
- When you arrive at the ceremony all your need is your cap and gown, you will not be permitted to bring anything else into the tunnel area. This includes backpacks, bags, purses, cameras, etc.
- You may purchase orange and blue souvenir tassels from Herff Jones, these may not be worn at the ceremony. The College of Business tassels are drab colored.
- Students and their guests may park in any of the lots around the Assembly Hall, there is no charge for parking.
- Any student needing special assistance should contact the Office for External and Alumni Affairs, 218 Wohlers Hall, email@example.com prior to the ceremony.
- Any guest needing special assistance will be accomodated upon arrival at the Assembly Hall.