College » Certificate in Business
Certificate in Business for Non-Business Graduate Students
Employees at all levels of an organization should understand the role various disciplines play in the overall success of the business. The Certificate in Business Administration program is designed to provide non-business graduate students the essentials of business functions in order to understand how each discipline contributes to the success of the entire enterprise. The topics follow:
- Business Ethics & Corporate Citizenship
- Marketing in a Digital World
- Financial Management
- Negotiation Skills
- Project Management
- Process Management
- Accounting Measurement
- Strategic Management
- Entrepreneurship & Growth
Who should attend?
A basic understanding of business concepts is vital for any employee in an organization be it a publically traded corporation, a university, or a small business startup. The program is intended for non-business graduate students looking to expand their fundamental business knowledge or prepare for a management position.
Classes will be held from 6-9 PM every Tuesday beginning February 10th and concluding April 21, 2015.
The Certificate in Business program covers four broad-based areas; Business Innovation, Strategy, Leadership, and Structure. The objective of the program are to answer some of the fundamental questions encountered in the work environment.
- How do I assess the needs of my customers?
- Which markets should I enter and what expertise do they require?
- What type of innovation is best for my industry?
- How do I balance satisfying current customer needs with providing innovative products?
- How can I reach my customer in a digital world?
- How do I design and communicate a clear, succinct business plan?
- How do I compete as a small and young firm?
- What do I need to do to ensure ethical standards in my organization?
- How do I motivate my employees and maximize their performance?
- What are some different management styles and which is best for my organization?
- How do I resolve conflicts within my organization?
- How do I lead a project with multiple constituents?
- How do I manage the financial structure of my firm?
- What different financing alternatives exist for my business?
- How should I design my accounting system to correspond with my organization's strategy and decision-making processes?
- How do I create new internal processes and evaluate the effectiveness of existing ones?
- Students & Staff: $495
- Non University Affiliates: $595
Full refunds are given only if request for cancellation is received in writing 30 days prior to the start of the program. If cancellation occurs at least seven days before the program begins, 50% of the fee will be refunded. The entire fee will be forfeited in the case of no-shows or if the request is made less than seven days before the start of the program.
Registration is now closed. Please contact Sandra Carroll with any questions about upcoming sessions.
Contact Information for Questions
Director of Assessment and Executive Programs
68 Wohlers Hall
1206 S. Sixth Street
Champaign, IL 61820
Phone: (217) 244-3115
* The Certificate in Business is not a credit-based program.