College » Certificate in Business
Certificate in Business for Non-Business Graduate Students
The University of Illinois College of Business Certificate in Business Administration program is designed to provide non-business graduate students with a strategic framework for making informed business decisions. The ten-session curriculum offers students a concentrated, detailed program that examines an array of topics including:
• Financial management
• Accounting measurement, reporting, decision-making & control
• Negotiation skills
• Process management
• Business ethics
• Project management
• Strategy-Industry Analysis
Who should attend?
Today, a basic understanding of business concepts is vital for anyone seeking management positions, regardless of the role. The program is intended for non-business graduate students looking to expand their fundamental business knowledge without reducing attention on their primary field of study.
Classes will be held from 6-9 PM every Tuesday beginning February 18th and concluding April 29, 2014.
The Certificate in Business program covers four broad-based areas; Business Innovation, Strategy, Leadership, and Structure. The objective of the program are to answer some of the fundamental questions encountered in the work environment.
• How do I assess the needs of my customers?
• Which markets should I enter and what expertise do they require?
• What type of innovation is best for my industry?
• How do I balance satisfying current customer needs with providing innovative products?
• How can I integrate technological advances into my product?
• What are the challenges and opportunities in subsistence markets?
• How do I design economically, ecologically, and socially sustainable products?
• How do I design and communicate a clear, succinct business plan?
• How do I compete as a small and young firm?
• How do I motivate my employees and maximize their performance?
• What are some different management styles and which is best for my organization?
• How do I resolve conflicts within my organization?
• How do I manage the financial structure of my firm?
• What different financing alternatives exist for my business?
• How should I design my accounting system to correspond with my organization's strategy and decision-making processes?
• How do I create new internal processes and evaluate the effectiveness of existing ones?
Registration is now closed. Please contact Sandra Carroll with any questions about upcoming sessions.
Contact Information for Questions
Director of Assessment and Executive Programs
68 Wohlers Hall
1206 S. Sixth Street
Champaign, IL 61820
Phone: (217) 244-3115
* The Certificate in Business is not a credit-based program.