Department of Business Administration
350 Wohlers Hall
1206 South Sixth Street
Champaign, IL 61820
Phone: (217) 333-4240
PhD Student in Business Administration
- MBA, Organizational Behavior Human Resources, Brigham Young University, 2009
- BS, Business Administration - Marketing, Kansas State University, 2004
- Instructor BADM 310A Online, University of Illinois, 2009-2012
- Instructor BADM 449, University of Illinois, 2010
- Research & Teaching Assistant, Brigham Young University, 2007-2009
- Stock Trading Representative, Wells Fargo Investments, 2004-2007
- Recreation Coordinator, City of Manhattan, 2002
Research and Teaching Interests
- The underlying theme in my research to date has been on how the external environment influences organizational action. I have studied this in the context of the media's influence on strategic change as well as on the effect of national culture on firms' use of HR practices. My dissertation looks at how perceived competition and business strategy influence the use of HPWSs in firms.
Long-term, I plan on continuing my research on strategic human resource mangement (SHRM) and international human resource management (IHRM). When possible I will study the overlap of these two streams. I am especially interested in studying SHRM in small entrepreneurial firms.
- I love teaching and have had the opportunity to teach the introduction to organizations and management (BADM 310) and business, policy, and strategy (BADM 449) at the University of Illinois. I am also interested in teaching SHRM, but have yet to have the opportunity to do so.