Department of Business Administration
350 Wohlers Hall
1206 South Sixth Street
Champaign, IL 61820
Phone: (217) 333-4240
PhD Student in Business Administration
- M.E., Management Engineering in Finance & Investment, China University of Petroleum at Beijing, 2000
- B.E., Marketing, China University of Petroleum at Beijing, 1997
- Teaching Assistant, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, 2007-2010
- Research Assistant, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, 2005-2007
- Kraatz, M. , Ventresca, M., Deng, L. 2010. Precarious Values and Mundane Innovations: Enrollment Management in American Liberal Arts Colleges. Academy of Management Journal, 53: 1521-1545
- Luo, X., Deng, L. 2009. Do Birds of a Feather Flock Higher: Effects of Partner Similarity on Innovation in Strategic Alliances in Knowledge-intensive Industries. Journal of Management Studies, 46: 1005-1030
Research and Teaching Interests
- My research is primarily on Interorganizational relationship, Organizational Status, Institutional Change, Technological Innovations, Strategic Decisions in Top Executive Hiring, Organizational Change, and Alliances and Networks.
- My teaching interests include Organizational Behavior and Theory, Business Policy and Strategy, Entrepreneurship, Technology and Innovations, Alliances and Networks, Global Management and International Business, Human Resources Management, and others.